Full recipe below...
Gooey Vegan Chocolate Brownies - Shelley Roe Take-Over
About Shelley Roe - No Excuses Nutrition
Shelley Roe is the founder & business owner of Liverpool based Company NO EXCUSES NUTRITION. Shelley’s business was founded back in 2012 through her passion for healthy food, fitness & nutrition with an aim to spread ‘Wellness from nutrition’ message.
She began the business with the aim of helping families to obtain healthy, naturally delicious meals & treats through her own unique recipes & knowledge.
I am able to provide no refined sugar –based sweet treats that can be posted across the uk and also a variety of healthy recipes & meal plans, whether carnivore, vegetarian or Vegan, that can be gluten free or allergy specific based & are loaded with good nutrition!
Gooey Vegan Chocolate Brownies
These vegan low refined sugar brownies will go down a treat. If you have a sweet tooth and want a 'not-so-naughty' treat these 'Gooey Vegan Chocolate Brownies' are a perfect substitute! We cannot wait to try these in the office.
So... Shelley, if you're reading this..... PRP Supplements, Dylans Building, Old Market Place, Cwmavon, Port Talbot. SA12 9BE. :D.
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour 30 Mins
Makes: 16 Brownies
- 1/4 Cup Natural, Unsalted Creamy Almond Butter
- 1/4 Cup + 2 TBSP Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- 2 Flax eggs (2 TBSP ground flax + 6 TBSP water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- 1/2 Cup Finely Ground Almond Flour
- 3.4 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 170C
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with baking paper set aside.
- in a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, and coconut oil
- whisk together until it resembles caramel.
- add cocoa powder, 1/4 a cup at a time, whisking until well mixed and thick like frosting.
- scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs until well mixed.
- Using a spatula, fold in almond flower until you get the consistency of soft dough or very thick batter, and no flower patches remain.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan, using the spatula smooth batter into a even layer.
- Bake for about 28 - 36 Mins.
- Let cool for 1 - 2 hours.
(Note; Brownies will be very fudgy and gooey after the first 2 hours of cooling, if you like them firmer, allow to cool & set for an extra 2 - 4 hours before enjoying. Slice into about 16 brownies and enjoy)
- Post-Workout or As Snack To Help Cravings
- Great Source of Protein
- Combination of healthy fats and quality protein
- No Added Sugar (Less Than 0.6g)
- Great Double Choc Fudge Brownie Flavour
- Sweetened With Stevia