Probiotic Daily 25 Billion - 30 Capsules
New and improved Probiotic Gut Health
Provides 12.5 Billion Lab4 probiotic per capsule
Daily Probiotic with added vitamins and minerals
Contains extensively studied Lab4 probiotic consortium
30 Capsules per pot
Availability: In stock
New and improved Probiotic Gut Health
PRP's New 25 billion Probiotic is a daily, high strength, probiotic designed for those who need a high quality product to take on a daily basis. ‘PRP Probiotic Daily’ contains the unique Lab4 group of probiotic organisms. These four friendly and beneficial species of bacteria are naturally present in our intestines, but their numbers can be reduced due to the stresses of our modern lifestyle. This resultant imbalance in flora may produce feelings of bloating and intestinal discomfort. The Lab4 friendly bacteria are the most comprehensively studied group of friendly bacteria of any product in the UK.
UK studies performed in Cambridge and Sheffield have used 2 capsules (25 billion) of Adult Acidophilus and Bifidus and have confirmed that that Lab4 probiotics can provide real benefits in supporting digestive and immune health.
Also contains Calcium which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes. Now with the addition of Vitamin C, Vitamin D3, Selenium and Zinc, all of which contribute to the normal function of the immune system.
The Lab4 consortium of probiotic bacteria has been incorporated into many popular brands of probiotic and has benefited thousands of people for over 15 years. It is one of the most studied probiotic cultures in the world.
Probiotics are the friendliest types of bacteria which are found in the normal ‘microflora’, and there is increasing evidence that significant health benefits can frequently be observed if we increase their intake by supplementation.
“5% of our total energy comes from the breakdown of fibre by our microflora”
How is the Microflora beneficial?
The microflora has a multitude of benefits – in fact we couldn’t survive without it.
The main benefits of the microflora are:
- It helps us to digest food – especially certain types of fibre, providing us with about 5% of our total energy needs as well as being essential in helping us absorb the beneficial antioxidants found in fruits and vegetables.
- It acts as a barrier to infection – particularly in the intestine and genito-urinary tract, where it forms a carpet like layer and ‘blocks’ the entry of potentially harmful microorganisms. The reason certain types of infection such as diarrhoea, and ‘thrush’ are often associated with antibiotic use is because the antibiotics compromise this protective barrier allowing infection to occur.
- It helps drive the ‘correct’ development of the immune system in the newborn infant and then primes the immune system for the rest of our lives. Research increasingly suggests that this ‘priming’ helps protect against the development of allergies and possibly autoimmune disease.
If under medical supervision seek guidance from your medical practitioner before using this product. Women who are pregnant or planning pregnancy should consult their doctor before taking any supplements. Do not exceed the recommended intake This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.
Free from Dairy & Gluten.
Suitable for vegetarians
|Ingredients:||Per Capsule||RDA/NRV %*|
L.acidophilus (CUL 60)
12.5 Billion viable cells
|L. acidophilus (CUL21)|
|B. animalis subsp. Lactis (CUL34)|
*NRV/RDA Nutrient Reference Value/Recommended Daily Allowance.
Ɨ NRV/RDA Not Established
Calcium carbonate, Fructooligosaccharides, Microorganisms (Lactobacillus acidophilus CUL 60 & CUL 21, Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. Lactis CUL 34, Bifidobacterium bifidum CUL 20), Vegetarian Capsule shell (Hydroxypropyl cellulose, Titanium dioxide), Ascorbic acid, Zinc citrate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol), DiCalcium phosphate, Anti-caking agents (Silicon Dioxide, Magnesium stearate), Corn maltodextrin, Modified corn starch, Sunflower oil, Antioxidants (Sodium ascorbate, DL-Alpha Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate).
As a food supplement, take two capsules per day with meals for a period of 1-4 months depending on personal requirement. Thereafter it is usually possible to reduce to one capsule a day with food, to provide a high maintenence dose.
- This food supplement needs to be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Supplements should not be used as a substitute for a balanced and healthy diet.
- Do not exceed recommended dose. Keep out of reach of children.
If you are taking any prescribed medication or have any medical conditions ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist BEFORE taking vitamins or supplements. Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If pregnant or lactating, ALWAYS consult your doctor before use. Or if you have any queries about any supplement ALWAYS consult a QUALIFIED medical professional. Phil's recommendations are in no way medical advice. They are based on his own personal experiences of working with elite athletes.