Dr Jamie Pugh (PhD) is a post-doctoral research at Liverpool John Moores University. After graduating from world-renowned Loughborough University with first class honours in Sports and Exercise Science, Jamie spent time as a sports science intern with Swansea City FC. After this, Jamie spent time working with PRP Supplements and Aliment Nutrition while studying for a PGCert in Exercise and Nutrition Sciences at University of Chester, before eventually beginning his PhD at Liverpool John Moores University.
Episode #2 - Jamie Pugh: Probiotics, A New Player In the Sports Supplements World?
This entry was posted on 13th May 2019.
In This Episode We Discuss With Dr. Jamie Pugh:
– How Jamie came to start his PhD and the journey to get there
– Working with world-leading experts like Prof. Graeme Close
– Common causes of gut symptoms in runners
– Jamie’s most recent studies including a new study looking at the effect of probiotics on gut symptoms in marathon runners
– The Lab4 probiotics used in the study, why these were chosen and what to look for in a probiotic
– The most memorable moments of working at Liverpool John Moores University
– What’s next after completing his PhD, including future studies looking at the effects of probiotics on exercise metabolism
– Some of the most renowned practitioners, researchers and speakers in the world of sports performance and nutrition
– Experienced speakers from different backgrounds that have worked with professional teams and athletes
– Learn how to research is translated into practice at the highest level
Download the Podcast and Subscribe:
If you are taking any prescribed medication or have any medical conditions ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist BEFORE taking vitamins or supplements. Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If pregnant or lactating, ALWAYS consult your doctor before use. Or if you have any queries about any supplement ALWAYS consult a QUALIFIED medical professional.