Patrick Wilson is an associate professor of exercise science and directs the Human Performance Laboratory at Old Dominion University. He earned a PhD in exercise physiology from the University of Minnesota and completed post-doctoral training in sports nutrition at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Wilson has authored over 45 scientific articles that span the disciplines of exercise science, sports nutrition, and health. He is the author of the recently released book, The Athlete’s Gut: The Inside Science of Digestion, Nutrition, and Stomach Distress. Wilson is also a credentialed registered dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
Podcast Episode: GI Symptoms Experienced By Athletes And How You Can Avoid Them With Patrick Wilson
This entry was posted on 27th May 2020.
In this episode we discuss:
– Patrick’s early career and how he found himself research in the area of GI symptoms in athletes.
– Some of his first major findings and what it means to those undertaking endurance events.
– The most common GI symptoms experienced by athletes, some of the major contributing factors, and how you can try to avoid them.
– What he wished he knew before writing his new book.
You can find Patrick on twitter @SportsRD_PhD
Download the Podcast and Subscribe Here:
– Formulated for performance
– Used in four clinical trials with endurance athletes
– 25 Billion viable cells per capsule
– Helps aid digestion during intense exercise
– Also contains L-Glutamine, N-Acetyl Glucosamine and ElavTPT
– Endurance supplement
If you are taking any prescribed medication or have any medical conditions ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist BEFORE taking vitamins or supplements. Food supplements must not be used as a substitute for a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. If pregnant or lactating, ALWAYS consult your doctor before use. Or if you have any queries about any supplement ALWAYS consult a QUALIFIED medical professional.